Affiliated Dermatology® Non-Physician Provider Fellowship Program
Affiliated Dermatology® is proud to offer a competitive Dermatology Fellowship Program in the Valley of the Sun. This program provides hands-on clinical experience along with a minimum of 200 didactic hours, equipping the nurse practitioner or physician assistant with the essential skills in general dermatology and surgical dermatology. The fellow will also participate in community outreach and attend free skin cancer screening events throughout the Valley through the Arizona Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Program Length: 12 months
- Prerequisites: Graduate of a nurse practitioner or physician assistant program
- Positions available: 2 per year
Applicant selection is based on prior experience in the medical field as well as clinical skills and ability to interact with a team. Applicants with Urgent Care, Emergency or Trauma medicine background are preferred. Applicants must prove eligibility for Arizona licensure as well as eligibility for a DEA number.
The fellowship program will provide you with the skills necessary to:
- Develop and maintain a caseload of patients based on practice goals and objectives
- Work independently to assess, diagnose, treat, and educate patients, consulting with physician as needed
- Deliver general dermatology treatments using established medical protocols
- Evaluate and assist in implementing treatment plans as based on patient needs
- Analyze diagnostic testing and pathology reports to formulate a treatment plan under the supervision of a physician
- Consult and educate patients on procedures and recommend relevant products and services
- Independently perform surgical excisions and Mohs closures
With eight offices throughout the greater Phoenix area, fellows will have the opportunity to work at multiple locations throughout the fellowship. Didactic sessions will be held at the Scottsdale office. The program requires eight shifts, five days per week. Minimum of one Saturday per month is required during the final six months of the program. The program does observe standard holidays and clinic will not be scheduled.
Affiliated Dermatology® is dedicated to providing a comprehensive, individualized dermatology educational experience. Completion of this fellowship program will enhance your competitive advantage for highly sought-after dermatology nurse practitioner and physician assistant positions.
To learn more or apply to the program, please fill out the form below.