Medical Grade Chemical Peels
Chemical peels stimulate natural collagen production in the skin, activating the skin to develop new healthy skin cells. They also contain ingredients to lighten and eliminate pigmentation, as well as plump up fine lines and wrinkles. After receiving a peel you should not necessarily expect to peel. We have a treatment for all skin types and most skin conditions. The changes to your skin happen on a cellular level and continue to improve with each treatment. A series is recommended for optimal results.
Who Benefits from Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are used to restore a youthful, vibrant appearance to wrinkled, blotchy, sun-damaged skin. A chemical peel is an accelerated skin exfoliation procedure using safe chemical products resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and a more uniform complexion. The post-peel result is glowing, healthy skin. Peels can address and improve visible skin imperfections such as:
- Skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pore size
- Hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Superficial scars, such as acne scars
- Acne and blemish breakouts
During your skin care consultation, one of our licensed aestheticians will evaluate your skin condition and recommend a regimen customized to your specific skin needs.
PCA has been a leader in chemical peels for more than 25 years. By using innovative technology, the company has developed peels that are safer and more comfortable, while providing increased skin benefits. PCA can treat all skin types, even those with sensitive skin. When choosing ingredients, PCA always maintains a deep respect for human health, animals and the environment. Therefore, all PCA peels are free of synthetic dyes and fragrances, mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin and phthalates. PCA uses clinically-backed research and science to develop safe and effective peels that deliver healthy, beautiful skin.
PCA offers a modified and enhanced line of peels and has expanded its line to include TCA and lactic blended peels, retinoid peels and boosters, and chemical peel alternatives. PCA also offers body peels, which are so important to deal with skin imperfections and sun damage.
- Sensi Peel is formulated as a unique peeling option for all patients, including those with highly sensitive skin. This gentle 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone.
- PCA Peel (includes Hydroquinone & Resorcinol) will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is extremely effective on sundamaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath), or those who require deeper treatment.
- Ultra Peel is specially formulated to treat maturing skin. This peel is appropriate for many other skin types, conditions and sensitivities. It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion.
- Ultra Peel Forte rejuvenates the skin and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting an even skin tone. This peel is used on those with more resilient skin.
Chemical Peel Treatment
During treatment, you may feel a slight warming or stinging sensation on your skin, which will only last for a few minutes. Your procedure will be completed within 30 minutes and you will be given post procedure instruction by your aesthetician.
Once your procedure has been completed, your skin may be pink and a little sensitive to the touch for a while. You shouldn’t wear any makeup during this time, but should apply sunscreen. After a few days, you may notice some shedding or peeling of your skin, which is a normal part of an advanced exfoliation procedure. Despite the flaking and peeling, keep your face moisturized and protected from the sun.
Peeling is exfoliation. When your skin peels, it is shedding old dead skin cells and revealing new healthy skin. Everyone experiences different levels of peeling, depending on your skin type, resilience and the type of peel used. Some people experience significant peeling, while others have no visible peeling. If you experience no peeling, your skin is still exfoliating on a cellular level, which will reveal healthier skin.
Affiliated Dermatology’s licensed aestheticians are all certified and trained to select the correct treatment plan for you. They will customize and progress from one treatment to the next to ensure your skin is ready for a higher level of exfoliation. Call Affiliated Dermatology today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call at (480) 556-0446 or use the contact form below to leave us a message and one of our patient care representatives will promptly get back to you.