What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels stimulate natural collagen production in the skin, activating the skin to develop new healthy skin cells. They also contain ingredients to lighten and eliminate pigmentation, as well as plump up fine lines and wrinkles. After receiving a peel you should not necessarily expect to peel. We have a treatment for all skin types and most skin conditions. The changes to your skin happen on a cellular level and continue to improve with each treatment. A series is recommended for optimal results.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are used to restore a youthful, vibrant appearance to wrinkled, blotchy, sun-damaged skin. A chemical peel is an accelerated skin exfoliation procedure using safe chemical products resulting in renewed, healthier-looking skin and a more uniform complexion. The post-peel result is glowing, healthy skin. Peels can address and improve visible skin imperfections such as:
- Skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pore size
- Hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Superficial scars, such as acne scars
- Acne and blemish breakouts
During your skincare consultation, one of our licensed aestheticians will evaluate your skin condition and recommend a regimen customized to your specific skin needs.
Which Chemical Peel is Right for You?
There are types of chemical peels that are better suited for different skin types and skin goals. We take pride in offering peels from PCA Skin, SkinMedica, and The Perfect Derma to our aesthetics patients! We offer a variety of different skin peels, here are a few that our patients are loving right now:
- PCA Peel will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is extremely effective on sun-damaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath), or those who require deeper treatment.
- Ultra Peel is specially formulated to treat maturing skin. This peel is appropriate for many other skin types, conditions, and sensitivities. It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion.
- Illuminize Peel helps provide vibrant, radiant-looking skin with minimal downtime. This peel brightens the overall appearance of skin for radiant looking skin and a more uniform complexion after one peel.
- Perfect Derma Peel is a safe, effective medium depth peel for all skin types & ethnicities. This peel is virtually painless, with no pre-peel skin preparation and little downtime. This peel is the only peel that includes the powerful anti-oxidant Glutathione, which lightens and brightens the skin, slows down the aging process and helps prevent wrinkles.
What is a Chemical Peel Treatment Like?
During treatment, you may feel a slight warming or stinging sensation on your skin, which will only last for a few minutes. Your procedure will be completed within 30 minutes and you will be given post-procedure instruction by your aesthetician.
Once your procedure has been completed, your skin may be pink and a little sensitive to the touch for a while. You shouldn’t wear any makeup during this time but should apply sunscreen. After a few days, you may notice some shedding or peeling of your skin, which is a normal part of an advanced exfoliation procedure. Despite the flaking and peeling, keep your face moisturized and protected from the sun.
Peeling is exfoliation. When your skin peels, it is shedding old dead skin cells and revealing new healthy skin. Everyone experiences different levels of peeling, depending on your skin type, resilience and the type of peel used. Some people experience significant peeling, while others have no visible peeling. If you experience no peeling, your skin is still exfoliating on a cellular level, which will reveal healthier skin.
Affiliated Dermatology’s licensed aestheticians are all certified and trained to select the correct treatment plan for you. They will customize and progress from one treatment to the next to ensure your skin is ready for a higher level of exfoliation. Call Affiliated Dermatology today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
Request an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment at one of our several dermatology offices in Arizona, please contact us by calling (480) 556-0446 or leaving us a message with the contact form below.