Dermaplaning is one of the most comfortable and least invasive forms of skin revitalization. At Affiliated Dermatology, our skilled aesthetic team has extensive experience in this procedure; ensuring safe, professional results you can trust.
For individuals who are seeking a comfortable, completely non-invasive treatment to exfoliate, brighten and improve the appearance of their skin, dermaplaning may be right for you. Dermaplaning can help achieve multiple aesthetic goals, including:
- Exfoliating the skin, making it soft and smooth
- Improving dull skin
- Repairing uneven skin texture
- Improving the overall health of your skin
- Removing the light vellus hair on the surface of your skin
How does Dermaplaning work?
Using a medical-grade instrument, our aesthetic team will gently remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells as well as the light vellus hair, known as “peach fuzz” on the surface. This treatment can be especially helpful for women who have noticeable surface hair. Following your treatment, a soothing, hydrating mask is applied, depending on your skin type, so you leave our office feeling refreshed and vibrant.
Does Dermaplaning cause the hair to grow back thicker and darker?
This is actually a myth, and dermaplaning does NOT cause the hair to grow back any thicker or darker. It will grow back the exact same color and thickness as it was previously before the treatment.
Am I a good candidate for dermaplaning and are there any side effects?
During your consultation, our aesthetic team will assess your skin condition, evaluate your aesthetic goals, and help you decide if dermaplaning is right for you. As dermaplaning only addresses the outermost layer of the skin, no downtime or healing are necessary, and results are immediate. Most patients are able to immediately return to normal activities and fully enjoy their radiant, glowing skin.
Therapeutic Face Masks are an effective and pain-free approach to treating skin concerns such as hyper-pigmentation, acne, skin tone, and skin texture. We offer four types of facial masks to address all skin types including:
- Clarify Salicylic Mask – formulated with the breakout-prone patient in mind
- Revitalize Papaya Mask – calms & exfoliates the skin, leaving a glowing complexion
- Hydrate Oatmeal Milk Mask – formulated to soothe and hydrate impaired skin conditions of all kinds
- Detox Deep Pore Treatment & Extractions – detoxifying for all skin types, exfoliates and promotes a purified and clear complexion
Pair up any of these services with the addition of an Oxygenating Trio from PCA Skin! It is an antioxidant therapy that supports skin metabolism, hydration, and redness. It will leave your skin feeling purified, glowing, and radiant!
To book your complimentary aesthetics consultation, call Affiliated Dermatology at (602) 775-5026 or request an appointment online.